A lot of users update the Microsoft Windows 10 system regularly and it is quite important to keep your system updated in order to prevent security vulnerabilities as well as some application breaking bugs. The problem is that a good amount of users are stuck trying to update the Operating System because they are facing the Windows Update Database Corruption Error. When you run the update and this error pops up, it will appear along with a button which might allow you to fix all the problems related to the Windows Update Database Corruption Error. In this case, when you apply the fix button, it will try fixing the error and take some time but the value it returns will be not fixed and you will be stuck with this error.
There might be virus infections which are affecting your computer and hece, it is important to attend to this problem as soon as possible. We have compiled a guide which consists of each and everything required in order to fix this problem.
Different systems have different configurations which leads to different root problems. Make sure to follow each and every fix in order to find the bulletproof fix which your computer needs.
There have been instances where the users have cause irreversible damage to their systems. The damage is caused by the misconfiguration of certain files which are important to the operating system. Make sure you create a system restore point so that your system will be recoverable and you can go all out on all the fixes which are mentioned below.
Steps to solve the ‘Windows Update Database Corruption Error’:
Fix 1:Troubleshoot your problems using the windows troubleshooting functionality
- Search the term ‘Troubleshooting’ in the Start menu and you will get a result named Troubleshooting
- Select that option and click on the View All option
- Click on Windows Update option and click the Next button
- Follow all the on screen instructions and this should automatically fix all the problems related to the updation process.
- After you are sure that all the changes have been applied, reboot your computer in order for it to take a system wide effect.
- If you do not find the troubleshooting functionality working or cannot use it by default, make sure that you download the official troubleshooter from the Microsoft Windows website in order to solve the update problem.
If the ‘Windows Update Database Corruption Error’ error still persists, make sure that you hop on to the next fix so that you can find the root cause of your problem.
Fix 2: Start your system using the ‘clean boot’ method
Sometimes, something as simple as disabling all the third party as well as the core services which are not necessary might be able to fix the ‘Windows Update Database Corruption Error’ error so make sure to follow the steps below:
- Press the Start + R button in order to open up the Run dialog
- Type the command ‘msconfig’ in the input field and press the Enter button
- Verify whether the Selective Startup option in the General menu has been enabled
- Disable the radio button beside the text called ‘Load Startup Items’
- Inside the Service option, Enable the option to Hide all the Microsoftt services
- Click on the button labelled ‘disable all’ in order to disable all the services
- Now open up the Startup menu and click on the button to open up the Task Manager
- Once the Task Manager has been opened, make sure to Disable all the Startup items
- Make sure all the services are disabled and all the changes have been applied.
- Close all the windows and reboot your computer
- You should be able to enable the Windows updation sequence once again without any errors
- Press the Start + R buttons in order to open up the Run dialog
- Type in the command ‘msconfig’ and make sure that you press the Enter key
- This should open up the System Configuration window
- In the General options, make sure to enable the Normal Startup option and click on the Ok button
- You will be given an option to reboot your computer, make sure that you opt for it and this will fix the Windows Update Database Corruption Error.
This is one of the best guides that you can use in order to fix the ‘Windows Update Database Corruption Error’ error in a simple way. Make sure that you follow each and every step under each and every fix in order to solve the ‘Windows Update Database Corruption Error’ error. This will help you find the flaw in your specific configuration and help you prevent future problems. We hope that this guide helps you out. Good luck.